View Single Post
Captain
# 13
08-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
You are misrepresenting what I said.

I said, to the best of my knowledge, you can't discuss third-party utilities here. There's no legal requirement I am aware of that forces PWE to allow third-party software to be discussed on their forums. It has nothing whatsoever to do with disabilities.

I don't think I'm misinterpreting anything. You mentioned that the rules state that you're not even allowed to discuss the issue as it may include some third party software. Currently STO does not provide any such means so the only resort would be third party software. This effectively bans a fruitful discussion on possibilities on how impaired people may access the game without having to wait for ages for a Cryptic solution. And frankly..... given that this would increase the (paying) playerbase Cryptic should be thankful about it.

I know I'm being a bit pedantic here and I don't assume this rule was made with this in mind. As a matter of fact I very well understand why it is there. Unfortunately it also has a negative side effect which we see here. I hope Cryptic can show some "leniency" here.