View Single Post
Career Officer
# 402
08-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
Its been stated that a mac version is coming in the end of this year. Lets cross our fingers.

Also, I have had some serious loading problems.. Going to ESD, New Romulus and so on is taking forever. i waited over 30 min just change map.

Will the new wrapper (1.6) work on Mac OS 10.7.5?
I hope they make a native Mac version... even if its Cider/Wine based I don't care... but something supported would be great.

I've never seen it take that long to change a map... no idea whats going on there.

OS X 10.8 has the best video drivers with the least issues, but technically it *should* run on 10.7.5 ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadrius View Post
Okay, someone walk me through this crap. I'm getting so frustrated i can barely stand myself.

I downloaded both versions of the file after getting WineSkin.
When I followed the directions in the .zip file it says to "chose setup executable"
Now here's where I have my frustrations and problems.....WHERE THE FRACK IS THE EXECUTABLE?!?!?!?! I've searched everywhere on my comp and can't find it anywhere!!! I've been looking for the past hour and can't find it anywhere, I'm about ready to give up. I'm not used to a Mac so I'm proably just a moron and don't know what I'm doing.

Please help?
The setup executable for STO is called setup.exe and is in the directory with all the STO install files. Where it is? I do not know, it depends where you downloaded the actual STO game from. This is a wrapper that runs the Windows version of the game, but there is no game actually inside of it... you have to install the game inside. You need to get the full game download, not the 1 single .exe file download that is just a downloader program... that one will not work. You need the huge download from torrent or other sites.

I asked a few times in the past to let them allow me to include the game in the app already and just distribute it that way, but they could not give me permission to for legal distribution reasons. If i did so, i doubt anyone would say anything since its not modifying the Windows version any... If they have a Mac version out in the next few months like some people have said, maybe it'll be easier in the future.