View Single Post
Captain
# 91
08-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
You know, I generally try to support the OPvP channel by recommending it to folks for help...

...but at times, it's worse than ESD/Drozana/ol' DS9/etc/etc/etc.

Topics of discussion in the past 15-20 minutes?
Money is meaningless
Eugenics
Non-consensual sex
Would you let somebody bang your wife for $3m?
Sarah Palin's genitalia

When the mods are around, sure - there might be the odd joke made and even non-PvP talk taking place...but when they're not around, it can be a case of flipping tabs.

Don't get me wrong, I've made my share of odd jokes - said stupid things - but some of the crap said in there is unbelievably crass. It makes it hard to recommend the channel to anybody or even admit that I've ever heard of the channel...the behavior of a few reflects so poorly on others that would have more folks check the channel out, get more involved in PvP, and try to show Cryptic there's a source of revenue there so they make the investment in PvP.

...meh.

Well, I've seen the RP trollish stuff on occasion, and that's fine as long as it's in good fun - but those topics? What the hell? Seriously, what the hell?

It does really feel like PvP-related stuffs has been on a bit of a downturn lately, at least during the time I'm on - think about 4am to 9am GMT. There has been a lot of silence - and a bunch of Fleet chat PvP. It feels like a lot of the people who used to be old standbies have disappeared. I may not have been active for very long, but I've lurked for a long time, and seen many new handles in the past few months - not all of them good. Wonder if Pascal wasn't on to something with that moderated channel thing a few weeks back.

Then again, it still is a fair source for quick advice. However, quick is the operative word here. The chat system does not lend itself well at all to imparting builds and more detailed stuff like that.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"