View Single Post
Captain
# 14
08-04-2013, 01:59 AM
I'm not physically limited to hinder my playing of STO, but I would certainly appreciate a little more automation like autofire for skills. I feel like I spend far too much time staring at the 'dashboard' as it were, playing with the radio, rather than watching the road and driving. I imagine that the ability to put skills like cannon rapid fire that one is popping every time it comes available on autofire so you can pay attention to the field and keep tabs on other more critical abilities would be helpful to everyone, including those with disabilities.

I know there are plenty of people who say that the functionality is basically already there by using all these convoluted keybinds, but if that's true, then what's the point of not implementing autofire for skills if it already exists but just requires that one construct the keybind and mash keys? And for the "you just want the game to play itself" argument... well, if the functionality already exists, and people are just mashing keys, that requires no more skill than it does to strategically put powers on and off autofire as the situation requires. Inevitably, most of the people who claim autofire is lazy are keymashing keybinders so... yeah, hypocrites.

Perhaps my input is a bit of a hijack since I'm not disabled, but what can I say, I'm a romulan opportunist, I see leverage to get my sorely missing autofire implemented and I must decloak and fire!