View Single Post
Career Officer
# 120
08-06-2013, 12:26 AM
Does the majority of new (PVP) players have a sufficiently advanced fleet? The current idea behind gear (and boff) recommendations is that everything is essentially solo-able in a moderate amount of time (and in the case of Borg/MACO gear, it's a good idea to get these rep systems up to at least T4 anyway).

I still haven't found time to update the guide, but it is my intention to provide something like a gear progression recommendation for the builds, something like "Paratrinic -> MACO -> Elite Fleet" or "PlaDis -> Fleet Advanced/Elite" or "nothing -> Leech". This could be a way to give a wider array of options without getting into a "you have to weigh the pros and cons" that I want to avoid.

Is there a way to get three blue or two purple damage control doffs from reliable singleplayer sources? I know one can get one blue and one purple from the replicator by levelling up the doff system. If there was a way to do this, I could consider suggesting 100%-uptime multi EPtX-builds as a "progression" for the boff seating.

(Space) Traits is something that I intend to do, Romulans is doubtful for the time being since I don't have a Romulan myself.

Also keep in mind: It is not the THG's intention to provide explanations why something works, it only gives simple "do this and you will perform okay" advice.
http://hilbertguide.com

Last edited by mancom; 08-06-2013 at 12:29 AM.