View Single Post
Career Officer
# 4
08-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
Uhm actually no, that's a bad idea. It's bad enough we have to wait 20 hours but to wait longer per project means waiting longer to get the better gear.
Wat.

How would it be a bad idea to give the player (at least something of) a choice of duration of a rep project? It's a good idea, and gives each player the ability to slot a rep project of a length that's suitable and convenient for them, that fits their real life commitments.

If I'm grinding out some rep and I know I'm going to be away for, say, a week without access to the game, I would like to be able to slot a week-long project, with appropriately raised marks and consumables requirements (and payout), rather than just a 20 hour one and waste those 6 days, which then means I have to wait 6 days longer to get to top tier.

Away for x amount of time? Slot a project of x length. No time wasted, nice and efficient.

The length of the projects makes no difference, it's the efficiency of when you slot them, which is where projects of different lengths would be very useful.
----