View Single Post
Captain
# 15
08-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
I just don't understand how someone can look at the reputation system currently in place and think 'You know what this needs? For the project timer to be longer.'
I agree.

Its like asking the government to double or triple your taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
What is so difficult to understand?

What the OP is suggesting is that everyone can adjust their timers, with the time, cost and the reward increasing or decreasing accordingly.

For example:

A: 10 hours duration, cost: 10 marks, 5k expertise, 50 EC worth of items. reward: 500 reputation, 50 dilithium
B: 20 hours duration, cost: 20 marks, 10k expertise, 100 EC worth of items. reward: 1000 reputation, 100 dilithium
C: 40 hours duration, cost: 40 marks, 20k expertise, 200 EC worth of items. reward: 2000 reputation, 200 dilithium

etc....

input and rewards would be the same, but you'd be more flexible. need 100 reputaion to unlock the next tier and you want it now? slot an assignment with a short duration. out of town for 4 days and 500 spare omega marks? slot a long running project. You choose the one that currently best fits your needs.

The idea has merit and would be way more comfortable for us. I do belive that due to technical issues and for the reason that cryptic wants us to log in as often as possible, it probably won't happen, though.
Since your method would cause players to sign-in irregularly, people would spend less time playing the game. Cryptic wants people to sign-in to "STO" daily; therefore, the method you subscribe may be considered counter-productive.

Your proposal is an interesting idea. If the method was applied in the right way, I can see how it would help casual players. When Cryptic gives players what they want, the outcomes have always caused certain inconveniences. Cryptic likes to have players pay more for convenience. Compare the prices to buy reputation items and fleet items. Reputation items cost double the price of fleet items. Even though unlocking reputation system items is easy, Cryptic hit everyone with a big price for the convenience.

Plasma Dual Heavy Cannon MK XI (Reputation System) = 19,500 dilith (per item)
Fleet Plasma Dual Heavy Cannon MK XII = 9,500 dilith + fleet marks. (per item)

Since one player is working on the system, the cost to buy a reputation system item should be cheaper.

Last edited by linyive; 08-10-2013 at 08:17 PM.