View Single Post
Captain
# 16
08-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
The *entire* game, since LoR, has been changed towards better survival and better, well, everything! It's a bit unfair to single out aux2bat for the 'consequences.' Everyone benefits.
Yes, everybody benefits...but let's not pretend that it's not offsetting previous downsides of running AtB.

It was a case of do I do X or Y...well, X gives me this but I lose that - with Y I lose this but get that. That's no longer the case, which leaves little reason to run Y or even Z. Yep, some folks ran Z because they didn't want to give up the DOFFs to run Y or give up the DOFFs and deal with the potential pitfalls of running X.

It's like DHCs vs. Arrays. A balancing factor for DHCs was their limited arcs compared to Arrays. However, so much has been added to boost turn - that's no longer the balancing factor that it once was...yet, DHCs have not been adjusted to reflect that.

The game has changed around AtB, but AtB has not changed to reflect those changes.

There are a plethora of things like that in STO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
But yeah, but let's nerf Engineers again, cuz they got it too good already! /sarcasm.
There are four Engineers down there in my sig.

Engineers aren't the only folks that can use AtB. Engineers aren't the best at using AtB. If anything, AtB and the S7/LoR changes have put Engineers in a worse spot...the game oozes subsystem power now.

edit: As an aside, one runs X, one runs Y, and two run Z...

Last edited by virusdancer; 08-17-2013 at 10:49 PM.