View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Sure, I'll explain. Keep in mind this is just my style of tanking. You perhaps have slightly different tastes so feel free to adjust to suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
I don't have any of your consoles, or the interceptors, do you have ideas for alternates?
lol, yeah I've built that up over a long time, all expensive or rare gear.

You have NONE of those (even of lesser rank/quality) consoles? You have some work to do then
All equipment was specifically chosen for a reason. The description tab of the build shows why for most of it. Perhaps you can use it as an end goal to work towards.

If you want to do it on the cheap or with what you can access, perhaps:
- Make all beams Advanced Fleet Polarons
- Make front torp Advanced fleet quantum
- Make rear cutting beam into fleet quantum, tric mine (lay a surprise in your warp plasma dust) or another beam.
- 2x of the highest quality alloy consoles you can get (preferably neutronium), and 2 consoles of what ever uni or eng type you fancy (maybe a booster modulator or two to boost aux more, aux is important)
- 2x field gens, 1x emitter array
- 2x polaron modulators
- Jem deflector and engine. (boost flow caps, extra weapons power and 2 piece polaron dmg bonus)
- Best (fleet?) covariant shield you can get. One with plasma resist will be good vs borg. As many [cap] modifiers as possible.
- Overcharged warp core, for the extra shield and aux bonuses.

Quote:
You have a mix of polaron and plasma, could you explain this?
If you looked carefully, the main beam weapons are disruptor based hybrids. Chose this for the resistance debuff they provide to give me what little dps one can get out of a cruiser and helps boost fighter damage when it procs.

They are polarized hybrids because I'm highly specced into drains. When they proc, it drains enemy power (mainly worrying about their weapons power, but drains to their shields and aux also help in wearing down an opponent) so makes my tanking task easier as they'll hit you less hard.

The experimental romulan beam is there for 2 reasons.
It draws ZERO power when firing (means less weapons drain and thus higher damage output), and as part of the 3 piece set give me the Plasma Hyper Flux ability. Effectively APB1. Rather handy on a tac slot limited ship.
Embassy Flow Caps [Pla] console there to further boost drains and boost rom beam dmg as well as add a 3rd energy type proc to my hybrid beams.

Quote:
I've never been a fan of the Elite Scorpions, as borg ships can FAW their heavy plasma torpedoes. Is there an alternate fighter you could recommend?
Too be honest that very 'fault' can be, and is, good. If the enemy expends shots attacking torps, thats less time hitting you, your fighters, or your team mates. Helps you and your team tank a fraction more. Not much, but it all helps.

So for tanking, after Interceptors, they're perhaps the next best attacking pet to have.

If you don't have or want either, really anything else will be just as ok. Though Skull fighters I'd ignore as they can't rank up and keep there level long enough (if they even attain rank 5) before kamakaziing.

For DPS, after Scorps, Toduj would be next best I think.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter. Favs - Mogh, Bastion, Monbosh, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Tholian Weaver