View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 25
08-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I would love to have a mission like the "Tau Dewa Sector Patrol" daily in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block where you can earn Omega Marks by patrolling systems and fighting off the Borg and the Undine...
Sure, I'd love that too. Likewise a Nukara-Mark Patrol would be great... So would Normal/Elite STF-like missions for Nukara and Romulan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Totally agree! But I think the marks granted should be specific to the mission.
I think you mean like adding Romulan Marks to the Romulan-themed Story missions, Omega Marks to Borg-themed, and so on. This would be fine, too. But consider, it's easy enough to explain an "all available" option RP-wise... After my awesome victories against the Borg in the Gamma Orion missions, D'Tan feels his Republic is safer with me around and improves my Rom Rep (ie I get Rom Marks for Borg missions).

Quote:
I can't see Cryptic setting the discounts that high... Otherwise, I like the idea.
You're probably right, but I was mostly just putting an example number out there. Whether they gave a discount to alts per tier of the source character, or only for those that complete reps, either is fine, but the latter seems to make more sense to me.

Quote:
I'd love it if they did this, but can't see them doing this. At best, nobody should get a bump that takes them past T1. Also, can't do for new characters because new characters aren't level 50 and can't participate in the Rep system. {sad}
It got to be enough XP to at least get to T2. T1 is nothing.

And of course it would be for new toons. There are several ways they could implement it: The XP Grant is awarded only when the new toon reaches L50. It's awarded upon creation (say through an account-accolade) in a box that can't opened until L50. Maybe it's awarded immediately, and is viewable in the Rep screen, but the Rep UI just remains greyed-out/inactive until L50 (as it is now, I believe).

Quote:
I think some Rep Gear could be Account-Bound. Not T-5 stuff, though, and maybe not T-4.
A few posters have put forth that Mk XII gear should not be sharable, and that in fact would give reason to still get Mk X or XI (to share amongst alts).

Quote:
It's important to note the cumulative nature of these suggestions if they were all implemented. Faster advancement coupled with account level access to Rep gear takes a lot of effort out of the system. Maybe too much. They need to hold something back, but I agree that they could give players with alts some kind of a break.
I will go back and double-check my phrasing, but I really didn't intend for all of the Alt-Friendly suggestions to be used at once... They were just different options. Cryptic could pick either/or/any as they like, and I'd be satisfied...

I agree, all the Rep Rewards are too valuable to just immediately grant account-wide Rep access to all alts once a Rep is completed on one. Some work on each toon should be required. Absolutely. But if they could discount the grind, and/or start alts at T2-3, and/or let us share some of the Rep goodies (like gear) amongst our toons... Any one/combo of these solutions would help make the Rep System more Alt Friendly.

Thanks again everyone for the continued discussion!

Last edited by lordhavelock; 08-23-2013 at 01:00 PM.