Thread: Introducing Arc
View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 265
08-28-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
You guys are a bunch of weenies. I have just downloaded and i am using it. There is no extra junk downloaded on my system. There is no extra toolbars, no pando, just arc. I am liking it, it is really nice to just click on STO in ARC and it automatically signs you in, same with Neverwinter.

Just give it a chance before crying about it, nah, just cry about it and post on the forums on how much you going to quit blah blah blah.
Well more fool you. Arc does indeed install spyware to your pc, not only that, it also installs Panda which is a peer to peer program. If you have data limits you are stuffed, because Panda is constantly using your internet to upload parts of Arc to other users..

Also Arc is constantly spying on your activity within your pc. Every time you click on something, it sends what program/game/document name to PWE. It also scans your pc on regular intervals, and then sends the data to them as well.

Just because you want to be blissfully unaware of what is going on, some of us want to know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
PWE/Cryptic have not made acknowledgement to our concerns and disapprovement of Arc.
Branflakes has not even giving us any updates in quite a few pages not even a customary we are taking your feedback on board type of mail. All in all I think PWE are going to push ARC onto all members if we like it or not.

The cynic in me is thinking they are using the freebies and sales with the lobi store to lead us all in a false sense of security before saying it is going mandatory as a way to cushion the blow.
Either that or tying those sales to only Arc users. Cryptic/PWE are not above making such a stupid move...

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The stick Cryptic keep bringing out isn't to discourage you from playing, its to discourage you from playing incorrectly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.