View Single Post
Career Officer
# 5
08-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
The reason Lobi stuff is Bind-to-character on pickup is so you have to accumulate lobi on every character you want a lobi item. On the whole that makes you open more lockboxes and pay more money.

/snip
pretty much the reason for all bind on character items including reputation gear. eg... Oh you want dilithium right now ?, well grind or we have a handy-dandy conversion system if your willing to spend some cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhornet View Post
I'd like to see the alternate ship consoles appear in lobi store. For example if you acquire the Mobious destroyer, you should be able to pay 300 lobi for the Wells class console.
Sounds nice but.....
The Lobi store UI would need to have a separate AI routine to check a character's inventory to make sure they have the Mobius for example unboxed on the current character and update the Lobi store UI to show that yes I have that ship opened so i can now purchase the companion ship console, times "x" number of people in a similar situation each and every time you opened the interface it would become a resource hog with little benefit to the company and a potential revenue loss with people not trying to get the complimentary console from the other ship. All those Lobi store ships were purchased by someone who just decided to put them on exchange vs use it themselves , and i say thank you to everyone who does that.