View Single Post
Ensign
# 2
08-29-2013, 07:08 AM
I don't have a combat parser, so I'll just give you my observations.

I've been running the Nukara set and weapons on my Risian Corvette for about a month or so now. It's a pretty gimmicky ship, which is what I was going for. Just something to play with and have fun.

The refracting active abilities you get from getting to tier 5 of the rep system and the three piece Nukara set are nice. The Hyper-Refracting DBB is also nice.

I'm also running the Web Mine Launcher, a Chroniton Torp, 2 Nukara Heavy Cannons, and 2 Nukara Turrets.

As you know, the abilities that refract 100% of the time are keen! But otherwise, I've only seen my other weapons proc a refract a couple times on their own in the month I've run them. The effect is just too unlikely. I don't know the range, but it's probably within 3-4km. So the odds of having multiple targets within 3-4km, with a 2.5% chance of a refraction, the ability is not a game changer.

The additional shield drain from the Nukara weapons is nice, but they're still not enough to bring Tetryon weapons back into the game. They're fun and worth buying if you're looking for a gimmicky build like I was, but these weapons are still duds for serious playing.