Thread: Bad Players
View Single Post
Commander
# 29
09-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmetrikepi View Post
The Veteran Screamers are the worst. Personally I hate being the power house in an event. It's a lot of pressure and if everyone else had worse equipment than mine, we'll be less efficient. There are a few man vet types, though. There are the ones that bought their way to victory and that's not so bad. Sometimes maybe they're suffering horrible lag or haven't slept for 3 days and they're good every other time. But then there's these would be support commanders who want to act like there's only one way to run an event. Not only are these guys obnoxious, but sometimes their advice is awful. If you've rescuing Romulan ships and you see 2 guys fighting for a Falccion and they've been at it for 2 minutes or more, don't tell me to not help them. First that's a good ship with good loot from that mob. Next, that's a lane that needs clearing to make room for another ship. When you're dealing with the 3 and 5 point ships, depending on what you're rolling with, it may make sense to converge the whole team for the big and nasty then split up for the light work.

Another thing that comes in is when 3 guys from the same fleet are in a public PvE, and it can go bad in two ways. First, they can insist on doing things in a highly specialized tactical way where everyone has a special role and when me and the other odd man out don't follow suit we get yelled at or those 3 pop in and go off and do their own thing and don't pay attention to what the other 2/5ths of their team is doing. Look, if you're in a public room, you're all Indy operators because your officer is not my officer and the reason he's not my officer is because I didn't want to be in your fleet. I'm not interested in his complicated plan. Get in, do the job, get out, got it?

I had this happen a few times. Lag is the main thing that sucks in this game and can make or break and STF. I gotta tell you that it is one thing we don't have control over and its one thing that makes me not want to run STF's because I get called a noob when the game lags and I get popped.