View Single Post
Career Officer
# 23
09-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
Yep that is why the increased timer to try to get people to be better by not want to go a long time without doing anything wile waiting to respawn. It is a good thing I think.
The only thing I've seen the increased respawn timer encourage (since it was introduced) is to push people farther towards requiring a one-man army mentality. Now, I respect the ability of players (in any game) to look after themselves, move out of the fire, self-heal etc, but I think it has actually diminished the capacity to engage in quality inter-dependent teamplay in this game, particularly given the transience of the LFG system.

Instead of encouraging a team to help one another, people are chastised for not helping themselves. I'd rather see an acceptance that a team will do better working together than as separate entities (at least in what I want from teamplay experiences). I'm saying I think things have gone towards the other extreme, where we are NOT playing as a team, but a 5 individuals. In which case, whats the point?
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 09-07-2013 at 09:26 AM.