View Single Post
Cryptic Studios Team
# 285
09-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Thanks for the insight.

Based on you insight, can you share your thoughts on:

The aux 2 batt technician doffs interacting with the d'kora EMP burst (Drastically reduces cooldown on this ability)?
I think purple aux2batt technicians are probably a little too strong in general, but they've been in-game as-is for so long that touching them is high-risk. Technician procs should only be affecting Bridge Officer abilities as far as I'm aware, although this proc predates my tenure here so I could be wrong on that. I suspect though that any consoles affected by Technicians are a bug.

Quote:
Grav pulse which can be buffed to 50+ seconds
It's kind of hard to say with STO, since our space combat is slower-paced than most MMO combat. As a general guideline for MMOs, CC shouldn't be longer than 8-10 seconds - it interrupts the player behavior core loop that I talked about earlier in the thread, causing frustration. In STO space combat, that duration can probably be safely doubled, but higher than 20 seconds seems silly. Grav pulse in particular, I think its scaling is too high and its base effectiveness may be too low.

Quote:
As other people have asked, friend and foe, is Temporal Inversion Field working as intended? What is meant to be hard counters to it?
Need more information - what are you seeing, and how is it different from what you would expect?
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton