View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 47
09-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisteric View Post
So, I agree that the Rep System is bad. ... Nothing is free, but it should never feel like a job to get to the end game gear. And the harder you make it to get to...
For the record, *I* don't think the Rep System is bad. Pretty sure in my first sentence of the OP I even states that I like it, so I'm not sure what you think we're agreeing on.

I mean, yes, it's flawed, but it's not bad.

As for not being a job to get end game gear... Consider it's fairly easy to complete one Rep on one character. 15mins or less worth of play per day for 36 days. That's not really much effort, certainly not what I'd consider a job! Even if you count three Reps, it's still only about 30-40 daily mins or so to get the necessary resources and click a bunch of buttons. And the best part is you don't have to play each day. You can take as much time off as you'd like and it'll be right were you left it.

Is it Grindy? Yeah. I have solutions for that in the OP.
Does it involve Mindless Clicking? Yeah. Again, OP has solutions.

The Rep system only really starts to become problematic when you consider running it on multiple characters, but then, I have suggested solutions for that too.

You might argue the Time Gating factor sucks, I'm likely to agree there. Especially if you take a day off from the game, then you basically stretch completion out another day, with no way to "make up for it." I'm considering adding that as a Fourth thing to Fix in my OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
I had seen a couple of these threads complaining about the Rep system and most of them were just "Whaa! I don't wanna do the work for the gear, give me the gear!" But this post was well thought out and has some really good ideas. I'm trying to figure out a way to grind the rep system efficiently on my 14 alts on this account and finally decided on 3 toons at a time...
Thanks for the compliments. I'm feeling the same. I've been doing my 14 Alts about 3 at a time too... I'm almost done. Two more finish up all their Reps in the next couple days - Yay! - I'm likely to take a break for a while. The last three alts I have that haven't done any (much) Rep just aren't played enough to warrant the effort, so I may not even bother with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
Great suggestions, OP.
Thanks!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.