View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 197
09-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This sounds like a good baseline for a test. Keep in mind that we'd need to know exactly what gear the Bortasqu had in every slot, all of their Rep Passives, Skills and Traits, in order to accurately quantify the results. As well the skills, gear and passives of the Carrier.

Also, we're looking at test figures in the quantities of hours of non-stop fighting. We can manage this more easily internally by speeding up a local test shard (so 10 min passes in 1 min, e.g.). If you're willing to spend that amount of time on the test, you're welcome to. Shorter testing periods are prone to spikes of inconsistency.
Ok, I am working on getting this running. Would running this on Tribble be more straightforward since it will remove rep traits from the mix? Tier zero everywhere for both attacker and target. Tribble also allows me to test advanced fighters since it doesn't cost me real dilithium.

Data gathering hours is fairly straight forward. However given the survivability of fighters, would an hour of one fighter type attacking yield relevant data? Dead fighters don't level up. 5 minutes of fighters leveling up and 55 minutes of level 5 fighters that in reality don't occur seems to produce skewed data for anything other than RELATIVE comparison.

It was amusing to break out the old anniversary event Bortas and get it running again. Watching it destroy all the fighters attacking in one BFAW was a lot of fun, but I suppose that's one of the primary concerns about fighters right now.

Thank you for your attention to these issues.