View Single Post
Commander
# 27
09-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
Just concede. Romulans had FTL travel capability before allying with the Klingon Empire and getting the D7 ships, whether it was called "warp" or something else.

That much has to be true, regardless of any assertion(s) made in any of the series or movies. Scotty's statement is the only hint of anything to the contrary, and, as I have shown, is at least an ambiguous statement, but more relevantly, Romulans must have had "warp" capability well before the TOS era, or else the whole Trek universe falls apart as total nonsense (alright, I'm exaggerating, but I think you see the point I'm making).

While it is well-known that there are continuity issues between the various series and movies (and even within a given series), there is a general "current" of widely-accepted canon information, and derived theories based thereon which are consistent therewith (and, in some cases, offer plausible explanations to resolve some of the inconsistencies).
Except Ive seen far too much material that states they did not have Warp drives in TOS era... You do not consider that material canon, and weather it is or not I have been running with that material for ages and have used it for a long while. Is it canon? Who knows with Star Treks penchant for rewriting itself every other week. IMO its not worth arguing over when we have Roms flying around in KDF Vor'Cha or Gorn Phalanx or Orion Marauders... Make a rom D-7 Charge $3 for it and let us roll retro in t1