"Interview a Dev" Web Article Feature - Sep. 2013 [Interview Submission Period Ended]
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
09-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by
To the Dev(s) who do bug fixing.
Thank you for taking the time out of your hectic day to answer a few questions. I know your working hard on getting bugs fixed.
1) My first question to you is, what do you think can be fixed in terms of getting bugs fixed on a faster time scale then 3+ months?
2) What is the process that you go through to determine what bug must take priority over another?
3) Do you actively play the game?
4) Do you do anything other for the dev team then bug fixing? As in.. do you get pulled off bug fixing to work on other projects that require man power?
5) Do you go on the STO forums? If so.. how actively are you on them?
6) When people submit bug reports, how close do you work with PWE customer service in getting to those reports or do you work at all with customer service in terms of "the bug reports". I ask this as it seems to a lot of folks that bug reports rarely get answered and even further more get noticed.
7) Is there anything else further you would like to discuss to the community at this time that relates to "Bug Fixing/Reporting/Ect"?
Thank you for your time.
I'd like to piggyback my questions onto this post, because I think they're related.
Bluegeek's questions for a QA (Quality Assurance) Dev:
1. What does a typical day for a Dev in QA look like? What would you be doing?
2. What skillsets does a QA Dev need to have?
3. Does QA handle bug reports submitted by players? If so, how many do you typically handle in a day?
4. When you're testing a new feature, what kinds of things are you looking for and how do you test them?
5. How long does it typically take to test a new build before it goes to Tribble?
6. Does QA look at the forums for feedback? What kind of feedback would you like to get?
7. QA sometimes gets criticized for not doing enough to stop bugs from getting onto Holodeck. What would you like to say to the players about QA's mission?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums --
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket
, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM
Last edited by bluegeek; 09-13-2013 at
. Reason: Added one more question