Sticking my head through the door
View Single Post
Join Date: Jul 2012
09-15-2013, 12:49 AM
First off, welcome.
A few pointers to begin:
1. Take your time. There's no rush.
2. Be willing to handle some criticism and be open to new ideas.
3. Ask. If you don't ask, people usually won't tell because they might not know what you are looking for.
4. Look into joining PvP Bootcamp, it's a massive help and will give you a huge amount of information and such if you are willing to join it.
5. There is rarely a single answer to anything when you ask about it in regards to PvP. Person A might say one thing, while Person B might say another, Person C would say something different from A and B, while Person D might disagree on the entire matter in regards to A, B, and C.
The chat channels are OrganizedPvP, and Tyler Durden. OPvP is mostly chatty, not as much actually making matches, but if you have a question, generally someone will answer it. Tyler Durden is more about making matches, and is excellent at pretty much always having very fair and balanced teams to play against each other. OPvP may be a touch overwhelming to the beginning PvPer, more due to all the stuff that gets talked about more than anything.
I do recommend though that you keep your big questions and such to here on the forum, just because you can more easily look back at it, compared to the sometimes-quick scrolling chat box in the game.
So, ask away really.
Edit: Aww, got kinda ninja'd by Renim.
A mime is a terrible thing to waste