View Single Post
Career Officer
# 24
09-16-2013, 11:34 AM
No offense to TOS fans, or fans of the 23rd Century era of Star Trek, but why would you want a game made out of that?

It seems to me that all that it has to offer is a lot of random encounters with strange people, aliens, or powerful entities who want to kill you, imprison you, use you as toys, or otherwise ruin your whole day. Also, lots of standing around the ship while engineers attempt to fix the warp core again, your medical officer tells everyone about how they're a doctor and nothing else, someone hits on some woman, usually one of the strange beings trying to kill them, and your first officer is almost impossible to work with. Do you have something against the color red? Because nearly everyone who wears it is going to end up dead or worse. But don't worry, by the end of the day, you'll be laughing at something amusing, despite your losses.

I'm just fine sticking to the era of warfare with the Klingons, a rebuilding Romulan Republic, Borg invasion, and the looming threat of the Iconians, all while commanding ships that look and perform so much better than that little Connie and its counterparts from the era. Don't get me wrong, I like the 23rd Century Star Trek, but I like the current one much more.