# 249
09-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I'm curious as to why you think that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
you're joking right?
Um, not in the least. That's why I went on to explain why I asked...

Quote:
You do realize that the following are the Skill Categories, right?

Tactical Systems
Engineering Systems
Science and Operation Systems

And further with that, then - you realize that Tactical and Engineering are part of Operations, right?
Quote:
oh so by your perverted notion, everything should be tactical!?! You might as well go play Jagged Alliance.
Perverted notion? Um...everything tactical?

I know that folks like to harp on the public school system, but did you even try to read what I said?

Go look at your toon's skills, those are the three categories. It is what it is.

As for the Tac and Eng being part of Operations?

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_division

Command, Operations, and Sciences

So you click on Operations...

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Operations_division

...and you see:

"Operations officers included engineers, security and tactical, and some service specializations such as communications."

Quote:
It's the reason that so much can easily appear as if it could be multiple categories.

Something that's Operations could be Tac or Eng, and since they include Operations with Sci, it could be part of Sci as well...
Quote:
oO wow so you DO think everything should be tactical.
Show us on the dolly where the mean ol' Tac touched you...seriously, try reading instead of having some kind of PTSD moment.

Quote:
...Science in STO is a Cryptic fabrication. Most of it is actually Tac/Eng with some Science...which in turn, in trying to fit things in - led them to doing what they did, eh?
Quote:
Wow. Chip on your shoulder much?
I'm not even sure where to start in trying to reply to that...your reply to that part reminds me of that old joke, the one that goes something like - don't you hate when somebody starts to say something, and right when they start to get to octopus....
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel