View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Because the STF leaver penalty has worked out so well and is so popular.

Yes, that was a little sarcasm. Sorry.
Honestly, the STF Leaver penalty isn't such a bad thing at all. In of itself, I think its fine.

The primary problem with the Leaver penalty comes with the fact that, lets face it, the que system is glitchy as hell. The primary annoyance with the Leaver penalty comes with the typical "accept STF pop, que glitches, you get dropped, you get hammered with 1 hour leaver penalty in punishment for....the game not working as intented". That would be my issue with it, at least; others may feel differently. One way or another, the STF Leaver penalty solved a huge with STFs. It disinclined people to leave halfway through, plain and simple.

@ the OP: I'm honestly not sure wither I agree with you or not on the PvP leaver penalty...however, while I recognize that it is an issue that needs to be addressed, I'd honestly say that the forefront problem right now is the AFK/Leecher problem. I think, before we can start pushing for a PvP leaver penalty, we need to all focus on some kind of "vote to kick" system for dealing with AFKers and Leechers. People AFK'ing has become a huge problem as of late in PvE, PvP, and STFs, and its an issue that really, really, REALLY needs to be addressed.