View Single Post
Captain
# 928
09-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsloss88 View Post
APD means no APO. Unless my assumption is totally wrong about attack pattern shared cooldowns.

I would love someone to actually convince me that anyone here knows what they are talking about. Reading dozens of posts the only one that seemed to know what he was doing was the person talking about tactics for Scimitars constantly cycling cloak. If you can win a pvp match with all torps then you really are impressive.

One thing I have learned in 30 years of gaming is that geek arrogance is rarely based in fact, and most people who think they are intelligent simply are not.
Drunk has already addressed APD/APO.

At the time that the post was made, it was actually possible for science to stack flow capacitors and drain abilities to remove shields, allowing pure torp builds to work.

Now, however, with the amount of passive shield regen available, and power insulation buffs, it isn't possible now. Torp boats right now are almost exclusively transphasic, with cluster for a big punch.

You also do realize that from other peoples' perspectives, you are the one with the geek arrogance/thinking he is intelligent despite the opposite being true, right? Honestly, imagine someone looking at your initial post - condescending language, apparently low post count, and not being aware of common knowledge concerning shared cooldowns? What kind of reaction would you expect?

Many of the builds were designed around a meta that simply no longer exists. That's all. For example, my Wells build way back when is no longer effective due to leadership stacking boosting subsystem repair and knocking out VM.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"