View Single Post
Career Officer
# 27
09-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post

And it gets even worse if you compare Quad Cannons to Rare & Very Rare quality DHCs.
You need to prove that this is true. For instance, in space, my Adv Fleet Plasma DHC's have a lower DPS value than my quads. That's just for example. You'd actually need to see the entire ACC/CritH/CritD/DAM profile and have a firm grip on the targets defense to make any real calculations. Except actually we don't because of the set bonus. But why be sloppy?

I'm not sure that you understand min/maxing. I believe you are confusing it with stacking. Actual min/maxing is a bit more involved. (Again just for sake of not being sloppy. We don't actually need to do much calculating here.)

For instance Damage Mods. Those contribute to every hit you make. Everyone of them. Including your crit damage. I think you're overlooking that aspect of that mod. (Still doesn't matter, but still let us be tidy!)

Plus Quads boost all plasma energy damage. It increases weapons training. Therefore all incremental damage added by my quad bonus is a direct result of mounting them. So at LEAST plus ten percent to all energy weapon output. Just assuming 2 additional fore mounted energy weapons, whatever they may be, that is an additional 20% of...something.

I'm not sure what that something is, but I think 20% of it would be significant. I mean tooltip shows the quads as being greater in DPS than the DHC's. So it is hard to think they actually perform at LESS than 80% of a DHC.

Anyway, outside of the set bonus, you should never mix quads with DHC's. So in that aspect correct. Quads will significantly lower burst and overall damage done without the set bonus. Ideally they should be used with DC's and the set bonus.

Cheers and all that rot.
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.