View Single Post
Career Officer
# 4426
09-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capemike4 View Post
Looks like you guys are certainly having fun!

Not a week into the game here, and thinking that, as a Free Member(stupid unemployment!), it would probably benefit me to find a nice Fleet to join...and while I've been following the game since Beta, I still feel like a rank-newbie...and so very small(literally) when I see those big ships flying around.... O_o;

Is it too soon to actually consider joining a fleet? As much as I'd love to help out, I dunno if I'm experienced enough, yet....
You certainly don't need to join a fleet to be able to enjoy the game however there are a few key benefits of joining a fleet. Putting the social interaction and simple fact that the game is just more fun when you play it with others, Cryptic have made it so that to get the most out of the game you do really need to be in a fleet as it is only by being in a fleet that you have access to the best ships and equipment.

In terms of whether you are too inexperienced to join a fleet everyone has to start somewhere, there is plenty to learn in STO and as with anything it takes time to build up that knowledge, being in a fleet means you will be surrounded by others that have gone through and are going through the exact same learning process as you are so you don't have to worry about gaps in your knowledge as you will fill these in over time.