View Single Post
Captain
# 2
09-24-2013, 10:13 PM
First thing's first, is you have to prioritize what you want this boat to be able to do. The D'Deridex lets you do quite a bit simultaneously, but you will need to prioritize due to Console slots.

I see you have intentions of FAW, A2B, and Grav Well I, high survivability (EPTS3), as well as team support (ES3). Even for the flexible D'Deridex, that is alot to do, IMO, and you need to whittle down some of those characteristics, and assign space equipment and consoles as appropriate. You will be spreading yourself thin in capabilities that have strength to them. If you disregard everything I say from here on out, please remember this last point.

I'm also under the assumption that this is for PVE only, because if you intend to do PVP, it drastically changes things in this ship in particular. With that said...

By your design, you want a Beam Boat. By your comments, you want to make this hurt. What *I* would do with that in mind is the following: Reinforce survivability, but a higher emphasis on firepower, removing Gravity Well for reinforcing the previous 2 points.

1. The D'Deridex is one of those ships that I do not suggest running A2B on, even if Single A2B build. Because it has a nice LtCdr SCI BOFF slot, it is waste to drain Aux Power which so much of SCI abilities rely on. I know you probably spent good coin on blue or purple quality Technician DOFFs, but A2B on a D'D isn't good, but again, this is my opinion.

2. Weapons, Deflector, Engine, Shield choices, I can understand. You want a Double-D Beamboat. Disruptors for the pushing, Full 3 Borg Set for the shield & hull regen procs (I suggest Mk XII when you get that chance).

3. Ditch Singularity Stabilizer and move in an Emitter Array - This improves your shield heals.

4. Ditch Field Generator and move Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator in its place, then throw in a SIF Generator (to improve hull repair) or an RCS Accelerator to improve turns more if you feel like it, esp. since you are not running the 2 D'Deridex Consoles.

5. BOFF Station changes.
TAC LtCdr: Beam Fire At Will 1, Torpedo Spread 2, Attack Pattern Beta 3
TAC Lt: Beam Fire At Will 1
Universal Ens > ENG: Engineering Team 1
ENG Cmdr: For Offensive + Survivability: Emergency Power to Shields 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 1, Emergency Power to Weapons 3, Aux2 Structural Integrity Field 3
SCI LtCdr: Polarize Hull 1, Hazard Emitters 2, Transfer Shield Strength 3

DOFFs:
Damage Control Engineers x3: Chances for Emergency Power cooldown reduction
Warp Core Engineer x1: Chance to improve Ship Subsystem Power when using Emergency Power abilities
Maintenance Engineer x1: Recharge time reduced for Engineering Team and Buff

DEVICES: Shield Battery, Weapons Battery, Subspace Field Modulator, Red Matter Capacitor

The intent is to use Emergency Power to Weapons 3 as much as possible, with Emergency Power to Shields 1 to top off shields when you need to. Emergency Power to Weapons 3 + BFAW + Attack Pattern Beta 3 will help in dishing out some damage. Between the 2 copies of BFAW, you will be shooting all over the place most of the time. It will also help your damage output to be as close as possible to your targets, but when dealing with Cubes & Gateways, be aware that 5km and below is their dreaded Tractor Beam range... however, Polarize Hull 1 will help to free you. Attack Pattern Beta 3 will land a monstrous resist debuff on anything you hit, and you and your team will benefit. APB3 also has a much, much shorter cooldown than Attack Pattern Omega.

For survivability, you will still have a rather good set of options: Emergency Power to Shields 1 to pop every now and then. Reverse Shield Polarity 1 for shield failures and your EPTS1 isn't ready or when the Borg Set procs have not kicked in to save your behind. ASIF3 + HE2 + Engineering Tm 1 are your hull repair abilities, and HE2, ET1 can be used on a friend. Transfer Shield Strength 3 is another nice shield boost / repair ability to use on yourself or an ally. All of this, makes your "offensive oriented" D'Deridex rather sturdy.

Again, the emphasis is using EPTW3 + APB3 for your attacks with BFAW spam.

Another suggestion is to cloak in and out to take advantage of the massive Romulan Battle Cloak bonus damage, which the timer is increased due to your Reman Infiltrator. The repeated and timely usage of Romulan Battle Cloaks in PVE is oftenly underused from what I've noticed, and this specific cloak is an another advantage the Feds & KDF have no possible way to emulate. Make use of it!

Your D'Deridex, buffed up with APB3 + EPTW3 + BFAW1 + TS2, coming out of cloaks will hit pretty hard, esp. if you locate it at the right position and distances. When the cloak is ready, recloak, repeat the process.

Last edited by warmaker001b; 09-24-2013 at 10:26 PM.