View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Thank ya'll so much for the kind comments, it was pretty shocking to me that my image won when I read it @_@

There were a bunch of other images I thought would have done just as well, but I have to admit I'm glad to see mine win after all the hours spent trying to find a good position in real time with my two friends, who I also thank for helping me out and putting up with me for a good portion of a day (and night, and early morning...>_>) flying around in a bunch of Connies, heh.

As I mentioned in the "New Wallpaper Available" topic, I thank those at Cryptic/PWE for the game, for letting me play with gorgeous ships like the Connie (tier 5, please? >_>), and for having this contest! Would love to see this happen more to see what comes out of it =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Seriously!? Myself and other better entries lost 1st and podium spots to a Demorecording cheater and a shameless self portrait? C'MON MAN

#SoreLoser
Demorecord is part of the game, no editting happened beyond moving the camera around, and was happy to find the /renderscale command worked since I'm a slightly smaller resolution at 1920x1080. I did mention in the submission topic how and what I did, and used no outside programs or tools to edit the image.

Demorecord's really the only way to get the kind of dynamic camera angles for shots like this when you're trying to get more than one subject in an image. I could have stuck with the camera focused on myself, the Exeter, but then I'd have had to have zoomed out to get everyone in it, and the shot would be too enlarged covering empty space on the right, top, and bottom of the image uselessly.

Your image, doubleohnine, was one of the ones I personally enjoyed, I do wish they'd fix the camera zoom back to how it was >_< I like how you got it timed with the navigational lights flashing on the hull, I try to do the same with my pics which is how I end up with a screenshot folder packed full of the same image trying to get it timed right >_O