View Single Post
Captain
# 34
09-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnikku View Post
Unpossible! The forums assured me Romulans were flat out better than everything in every way!

I've observed this as well. The Scim has better shield modifiers, more hull rating and better turn than my Sovereign, yet the Sovereign may as well be named the USS Highlander to see the borgs feeble attempts at bringing it down. The Scimitar in contrast seems to explode at a sneeze. I realize having 5 tactical consoles in addition to dual beam banks might and chaining beam fire at will might make the Spheres hate my Scim more than the Sovy (Hello chain-shield drain!) but it does feel pretty flimsy in general.

I'm finding out now I need the 2 piece bonus for the better turning, the better survival with secondary shields and the ability to keep shields up while cloaked, (which makes sense because when I cloak I go from 90% hull to 0 long after I've made my getaway) but investing $50 for two ships when I already have the tac scim and not getting the value of the three pack is a hard sell. As is having to shell out for some Valdore console and some Plasmic Leech console. If I had known shelling out this kind of cabbage was necessary just to get the Scimitar optimal I wouldn't have bothered.
I'm feeling this entire endeveur has been a waste and I might better have gotten the mogai.

I really don't feel like blowing so much more cash or farming dil for a year just to get one ship in top condition, so at this point I may just cut my losses and move on.
If you can afford it always go for the 3pack deal on ships, than weed thru what you don't need. It seems to work better this way do to lack of 1 of the 3 being superior over each other when they devise these ship packs.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet