View Single Post
Captain
# 107
09-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
Well they did need to get out the Plasma Quad Cannons from somewhere. Everyone was asking for them. However, Quads on Romulan Ships are a bit rougher than they are on normal ships were they are still hard to justify most of the time.

I agree with you and also disagree with you.

What I agree is that if you cannot handle a ship and what it can do then even if it is awesome it does not matter. The Scimitar is a prime example. To someone who get get every last drop of Over Powered Greatness from that ship it blows EVERYTHING else out space. However, it takes a very particular set of captaining skills to do that and if you do not have them then it will NOT come across feeling very powerful at all to you. You might do a lot better in something like a Cruiser if that is your thing.

HOWEVER, I disagree with the idea that there is no way to compare ships. When you make ship comparisons you must assume that the Captain in question can handle the ship and use it to its fullest. With that assumption made then you can look at what each ship can do in terms of turn rate, shield modifier, hull strength, weapon slots, console slots, BOFF seating, power levels, and all special powers and determine which ships are better than which others and there are clear and definitive measures to back this up.

This ship does NOT measure up well to what we already have access to. In terms of its stats and actual capabilities it is not that great. That means if you take someone who can Captain her perfectly and pit her against a Fleet Dhelan with a similarly competent Captain then the Fleet Dhelan would win every time hands down due to its superior stats and performance. This same sort of analysis applies to EVERYTHING in life but you MUST remove the randomness of the human element when trying to make any comparison otherwise there are far too many confounding factors.

Also: I am not saying you cannot fly this thing. It is not going to go away. I really do not care rather you prefer it or not. The question was asked what our opinion of this Warbird was. I gave mine and since have backed it up with a bit more details and facts. However, the more I back it up the less of an opinion it becomes and the more of an objective statement we are reaching. All I care to do is in this case is inform others how it stacks up compared to its competition so that those who are considering buying it are armed with a few more facts with which to make their final decision.
Agree strongly with this post. Having played all kinds of ships, I find my Vesta to be my preferred ship on Fed and T'varo on Rom. Even if you gave me a bug ship today fully outfitted, I would probably not be able to do much it. Too much twitch action.

You have to find the ship and build that fits you and stick with it. The other ones can be for ****s and giggles.