View Single Post
Captain
# 12
10-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Given that FM is the ONLY reason to play that silly thing, whatever behavior yields the best amount of FM (and frankly, it's pretty paltry), is the correct behavior.

Therefore, it is YOU that is doing it wrong. When you consider that sticking around gets you approximately 3 marks and a big fat ban for your efforts, it's easy to see why anyone with sense is leaving before they get hit with a banhammer for staying.

Of course, all of the people farming that stupid thing are wasting their time anyway, the yield is absolutely terrible, and they're letting whiners leech their pay.
Um, not to jump at you or anything, but there are members of the STO community, myself included, that are achiever archetype (look it up) and are seeking the accolades sets of bosses. Are you saying your gameplay is more valid than mine?

Well here is my retort:

The marks are just candy as far as I am concerned. I dont even need them.

Do not justify your behavior or that of someone else with some garbage about "its ok to do it cause its design is beneficial to this type of player"

Who cares if its only 3 marks for "gasp" another 2 minutes of effort. And its actually 5 marks, for the record. About 55-60 all told for the whole instance.

Oh and the other thing, if you need to exploit the no-cd timer on fleet alerts for marks, youre seriously doing it wrong. I get over 300 a day (yes every day) just from running my commendation missions. I always have 3, and sometimes 4, ready to run. (not even 1 minute of time spent)
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 10-09-2013 at 08:21 AM.