View Single Post
Captain
# 23
10-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhook9 View Post
it has been a whole week since the patch, and whatever this Arc program is, but i've still not been able to get past the Cyrptic loading screen, and I've tried almost everything that has been suggested except updating my video card?

Im sorry to sound like an idiot, but I dont know what that is. I do know that I had been previously playing the game with lowered settings, but I really don't know what I'm doing?

I just want to play the game.....
Okay, if the Cryptic loading screen was getting to 75% and then crashing, then you - like me and some others - are one of the ones affected by a... disagreement between the 10/3 patch and some older video cards.

Fortunately, a fix was developed Tuesday and over the last two days has been tested on the Redshirt test server and so far, all those affected by the problem with the 10/3 patch who tested the fix on Red**** - myself included - find the fix solves the problem. The fix will be applied to the Holodeck Live server with today's (10/10) patch, so you should be able to play later today.
----
I'm beginning to think the current 'two seasons a year' set-up needs to be rethought. It just seems to cause incomplete and bug-infested 'seasons' to be pushed out just to meet an artificial summer/winter deadline when many players would be fine getting one 'season' a year if it meant that it would be a really good one...