View Single Post
Captain
# 703
10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deimosruhk View Post
Just a rant directed at the DEV team...

WTF is with me having to run around on a planet? I wanted to play a space-based MMO, instead I have to waste how much of my life leveling planetside so I can get a ship?

Even 5 minutes is dumb. I downloaded this game to play a space sim MMO, which I was led to believe this is. Instead you would have me cleaning vermin out of some dude I don't give a crap about's garden?

This game needs a direct-to-space option or something. I am not gonna waste my time or money leveling to get a starship when a game with the name "Star Trek" should have you start off with a starship.

Two thumbs way down, guys.
Let me guess... you've never seen an episode of Star Trek or any of the movies and so didn't know that most of the episodes involved some type of planetary interaction?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.