View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-14-2013, 10:32 PM
INTRODUCTION TO THE ACADEMY

We stood in front of the elaborate doors, from the shadows of the overhang approached a dark figure carrying a Clud'Jothen with a Jevonite globe at the head with archaic creatures carved down the shaft and ending with a Jevonite spear tip. I am Sol'Lyn claimed the figure You will call me Head Mistress until you have earned the right to whisper my name. You will follow your mistresses for in-processing. As we began moving, the dour figure looked in my direction and pointed the staff You, you will come with me for in-processing.

Two female officers wearing Cardassian uniforms walked up behind me and grabbed my shoulders leading me to the stone faced figure. She led me into a room, there was no light other than a furnace burning in the center of the room. Remove your clothing and toss it in there as her staff pointed to the burning caldron. This moment would be the first and last time I would speak back to a senior officer as I retorted But I won't have anything on Suddenly pain shot through one of my feet as it exploded into a bloody wretch pierced against the floor by the Clud'Jothen. The mistress ripped the staff away and reflex had me pull my foot to my body When one is ordered they do, they don't question.Again the spear struck, the other foot shredding the tissue When ordered, one acts immediately. Now move it.

I quickly undressed and tossed my clothes into the flames. The figure began moving further into the room and I followed her through a second door. Five uniforms lined the wall. These are yours, put them on. At first, I dressed in one of the uniforms and gathered the others together. Placing on the stockings and boots were painful as the clothing stuck to blood, but I did so while keeping my eyes on the staff and her stone expression. Out of nowhere, the globe smacked me in the back of the head knocking me flat on my face and shattering my nose. She lifted the staff again I said put them on, all of them in a stern voice. Not caring about the pain I was in, but more about the next time she'd club me quickly draped the remaining four uniforms on overlapping each other.

The five uniforms were heavy and awkwardly hanging as I was smaller than the average entrants. The Head mistress just stared at me before moving on. I continued to follow her down the hallway with several opened metal doors. Each door had a number and inside each cell furnished a concrete bench with a blanket, a desk and a small glowing ball. This is your room, remember your number it will be yours for the next eight years. If you survive that is.

She continued walking, her Clud'Jothen tapping the floor with every step. Click,click, click, click sounding like a clock as it tapped between each step. She led me into an auditorium with the other students, as we approached the front she pointed to a chair Sit and she continued climbing the steps to the stage. This is your first test, you shall stay alert and stand immediately when a mistress enters the room. There are no second chances, no forgiveness, and certainly no talking. You will stand before a single word is spoken or you will be punished. From there her speech ended and the mistresses filed out of the room behind the leader.

Doors were locked from the outside, the lighting shut off, and the vent systems closed cutting off any air flow that might cool the auditorium. Two hundred children sitting quietly in a dark and scorching room. The fact is that we weren't just children, we were Cardassians. For hours we sat, not one word, not even a cough or loud breath. One of the doors began unlocking and chains pulled from the handles; The group stood up, but the door didn't open. After a few moments everyone returned to their seats. Every several hours this occurred twelve more times, each time no one entered the room. As time passed, heads began to nod, bodies stretching out, and even a few snoring. Without notice the doors burst open from all directions only ten of us stood up in time. The mistresses began yelling and striking those not standing with heavy sticks, pounding the students until massive wounds appeared on their faces and bodies. Those which were snoring had their throats slit by the sharp edge of Jevonite Blades. As I said, no second chances and no reprieve. The head mistress walked in.

The entrants were sprawled throughout the aisles; grasping tight to their wounds. You will now file out and proceed to your quarters, courses begin on Frekson at pre-dawn. You will meet in the field, follow the green line to your formation. Candidates began filing out of the auditorium, gingerly stepping or holding their wounded arms. Mistresses used their boots to shove those who moved too slowly or crawling up the aisles. We had been in the auditorium for some time, but I lost track of time. Certainly we couldn't have been in the area for more than a day, we arrived on Vesma which would give us two days before classes began. The common area was barren with only a green line and orange line leading to somewhere. We knew the green line led to the formation area; The orange line was a mystery we wouldn't learn for a few more days. There was no way to determine time or date; no lights, no windows, no calendars, and no clocks. As we began arriving into the assigned quarters, several of the candidates discovered that they were assigned cells already provided to other candidates. Chaos was breaking out with the older children.

I had been introduced to my cell earlier, so was able to quickly enter ahead of the chaos. I moved into the room and closed the door. As I began pealing off the uniforms in solitude, the sounds of mistresses entering the quarters ordering students into their cells, smacking some with switches for remaining in the hallway or not remembering their numbers. I continued undressing ignoring the screams of pain outside, removing my stockings caused the feet to begin bleeding again. The first foot, I peeled the cloth off slowly and the pain burned deep within the wound; I decided to rip the second off and though it was painful, it receded quickly. The attacks on the older students continued for some time until each cell had an individual candidate. As the groans and the strikes continued, I proceeded in my cell as though nothing was taking place. My uniforms were placed neatly in a drawer of the desk and I laid down on the concrete slab.

THE FIRST DAY SORT OF

The first hours trying to sleep were restless, trying to figure out how to situate the blanket around me and still support my neck. Cardassia is a desert environment and much warmer than the humans, however the drop in temperature from day into evening is so quick that the evenings can become quite chilly at times. I thought I'd have plenty of time to figure it out. I was glad that we had another day to figure things out, but it wasn't long until yelling started again.

Mistresses stormed the various cells; first angry that candidates hadn't stood up promptly upon their entrance, next that we folded our uniforms incorrectly, didn't have this or that properly aligned, blankets weren't folded, we weren't dressed for duty, and finally we were not in formation. Uniforms were thrown in the hallways, blankets, boots, and of course candidates. The snaps of switches striking flesh, the solid clunks of Clubs crushing into the bones of students was horrific at the time. Constant yelps and screeches of unarmed victims sounded through the halls. The clicks of that cursed Clud'Jothan became louder as the head mistress approached. No personal items authorized in the hallways!! and I thought I said formation at pre-dawn on Frekson. I expect everyone in formation by the time I arrive at the field. The stern figure continued stepping through the rubble towards the field.

As the mistresses continued beating the children, we feverishly tried to grab clothing and linen and toss them into our cells. I tossed whatever I could into my room and locked the door before rushing out of the living quarters to beat the head mistress to the field. When I arrived, I was welcomed with several blunt strikes to my head. I was to late. Yet, I was lucky; the other students were unrelentingly being beaten by mistresses to the formation. Many missing items to their issued uniforms.

Last edited by nador67; 10-14-2013 at 11:17 PM.