View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-14-2013, 09:37 PM
The Spear yielding demon stood on a pedestal like a stone statue as the initiates formed what appeared more like an evacuation center than a military formation. You are all late, I directed you to be in a location at a specific time and you failed to heed my instructions. How can you be expected to fight our enemies and care for those who loyally follow you when you can't complete a simple task as being where you are directed to be? For this failure, we will skip the morning meal and utilize this time getting from one location to another in a timely manner. The head mistress ended her speech and tapped her Clud'Jothan on the pedestal. The junior instructors then led the gaggle on a four hour run which contributed to a missed lunch as well. When we returned to our quarters, it was time to clean the mess we left behind. As I folded and returned the clothing to their appointed drawers, I discovered two additional pairs of boots and a second blanket among the pile.

I approached one of the junior mistresses as she stared coldly in my direction. What recruit? Did you forget your number? I just looked up with a pair of frightened eyes and squeaked out Mistress, I have discovered excess items in my inventory. I was expecting another brow beating, but was shocked at her response. So, it was in your room. Congratulations it is yours now. You can choose to be weak like our enemies or you can become a Cardassian and build your Vesala.

At the end of this day of pain, each student was aware of the day and time. Those who had been disciplined enough to keep track of time before the Academy, drastically reduced the beatings immediately. That evening took so much time returning the living areas back to normal, the mistresses threw packets of field rations onto the center of the room. Those who were paying attention quickly moved and snatched their assigned portion, however I had learned an important lesson from the mistress standing watch over the cleaning. I snatched several rations and quickly squirreled them in my quarters. Unfortunately not every student was able to eat that night.

The next morning, I woke up earlier than what I needed to and followed the mysterious orange line. It led to two double metal doors with a sign; Mess Hall operating hours 2 Klikons to 2 and a half Klikons; All diners must be inside to be served. I was lucky because I was just in time, unfortunately I wasn't able to inform the rest of my class. I entered the room, but became nervous as it only had mistresses and the head mistress eating at a table. The food was lined up on a different table Tapor Eggs, Urall Beef cubes, Gutfish stew, on StodMet (Rice), and Krintar. Urall milk and Kanar. I couldn't believe that Kanar was out in the open.

As I approached the table of food, the mistresses just stared at me. No one raised a club or made a comment. I proceeded to grab a plate and utensils shoving food onto my plate. I also took two glasses one of Kanar and the other milk. Mind you NEVER EVER MIX KANAR AND URALL MILK another lesson learned. I found a table away from the mistresses and stuffed my face like a rabid vole. My first drink of Kanar left me coughing hard as the burn went deep into my bones. The mistresses all laughed, Never trust an officer that can't hold their Kanarvoiced one of the more senior mistresses. After that first sip, I kept coughing but tried to hold it in the best I could.

Last edited by nador67; 10-14-2013 at 10:14 PM.