View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-15-2013, 05:58 PM
As I walk on to the bridge of my newest ship - the Avenger-class battlecruiser U.S.S. Sentinel - I notice that a security team is standing in front of my command chair, heavily armed. When I finally see past them, I notice an old "friend"...

"Q, what in the blazes are you doing on my bridge?! And get the hell out of my chair!"
"My..most sincere apologies, Captain Aubrey. I was hoping to get off to a better start than this! Before you have your "security" shoot me, I have a message of the utmost importance to give to you. Regarding the Solanae Dyson Sphere."
"The Solanae Dyson Sphere?! I tend to keep out of things like that, Q. Please explain to me AND my officers in the command centre."

"So what Q suggests - if we belie--"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'IF' WE "BELIEVE HIM"?! I have NEVER been so offended by a Human before! Give me one reason why I shouldn't ERASE you from existence, foolish girl..."
"Because you'd have to find me a new tactical officer and first officer, Q.That's why. As you were saying, Commander?"
"Right, sir. As I was saying, if we believed Q why would he tell us that the Voth are being influenced by - potentially - the Iconians? It could be just another "test" of his, like with the U.S.S. Copernicus and the Battle of Wolf 359...what I'm saying, sir, is that we can't trust Q to tell the truth. At least not like a Vulcan."
"Noted, Commander. Has anybody else got any more concerns or obje--"
RED ALERT! WEEEOOOP! WEEEOOOP! RED ALERT!

"Computer, initiate ship-wide broadcast. All hands, this is the captain speaking: Battle stations. I repeat: All hands to battle stations! End broadcast. Sorry,Q. Looks like we'll have to continue this meeting later. Senior staff to the bridge and appropriate stations."

"Captain, it appears that a Voth ship set off the proximity detection grid. Defensive armour has been deployed, weapons locked and shields up."
"Thank you, Ar'ryv. Broadcast a communique to the task force: modulate shield frequencies to a rotation of 89.07 MHz. We are being engaged by a Voth assault fleet. Prepare the VATA for Tachyon Armament Projectiles, power to engines. Emergency power to shields, then rotate shield frequency.
Retribution for our sins - Retributio pro peccatis nostris

Last edited by sharpie65; 10-15-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Additional story