View Single Post
Career Officer
# 2527
10-18-2013, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Have the borg been buffed? My Engi in his standard sovie used to be able to deal with the probes and spheres that come through the gate 98% of the time on his own on khitomer (I think that's the one, it's the one with the generator either side of the transwarp gate) normal but last night, both in that and the one with the Kang, I was barely making a dent in the Borg forces. I don't think it was anything done to my ship as he was plowing through Cardies on the two dailies as easy as normal.

Also, tried Hive space for the first time the other day. My word, I was just exploding everywhere in my defiant retrofit. It was a massacre! Even when I stayed beside the Queen for the two unimatrix ships.
Not sure on the count of the Borg having been buffed defensively, but I, and others, have experienced an increase in their shield drain ability, usually using (but not limited to) tachyon beam.

As for HOSE - as per the last post I submitted, it's a mess. Of course, there are some PvE heroes who'll just shout at anyone who says this, saying that we're 'doing it wrong' but the fact remains that, as per your experience and the instance I outlined in my last post, tactics that are supposed to provide a measure of 'safety' in HOSE (staying next to the Queen or being underneath the Unimatrix ships) simply don't work.

What makes matters worse is the fact that evidence suggests that the bug that causes the Borg Unimatrix ships to be able to one-hit KO you from just about anywhere doesn't seem to trigger immediately, meaning that the team has a short window in which to kill them. But it is a short window, and most PuG's can't do it - a fact that the PvE heroes, who like to spout off about how everyone must be doing it wrong beccuase THEY did it okay, don't seem to be able to grasp.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY