View Single Post
Captain
# 26
10-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnturning View Post

Please explain to me how it is possible to wear Advanced Targeting Armor *AND* the Romulan Intrusion Armor that I detailed in my first post (or an Omega Force Armor) AT THE SAME TIME. Wouldn't this be a case of EITHER/OR instead of BOTH/AND like you're assuming? Bearing in mind, that if you're wearing the Advanced Targeting Armor like you specified instead of the Romulan Intrustion Armor as I've designed it (or the Omega Force Armor) ... you won't be getting the Set 3 bonus, meaning no Team Ambush Field (generated by you) either.

Also ... doesn't this analysis demonstrate that pretty convincingly that the Romulan Intrusion Armor (alone) as I've designed it could offer up to +14% Critical Chance and have NO GAME BALANCE IMPACT simply because there's *ALREADY* an item available for that slot that does that much in the game? And haven't I already shown that 2.5+5=7.5 enough times already for you to realize that 7.5 does not equal 14 ... even when you add ONE +5 to the 7.5 to make it 12.5%? Heck, the only way to make the Romulan Intrusion Armor (alone) as I've designed it better than the 14% Critical Chance that you cite for Advanced Targeting Armor is to have the "special" on the Romulan Intrusion Armor stack twice so as to reach a total of +17.5%. You keep saying that "every armor stacks its proc 3 times" so therefore the Romulan Intrusion Armor as I've designed it would HAVE TO be able to stack its proc 3 times ... even though I've already come right out and *proven* that you have no grounds upon which to make that assertion or even to necessarily believe that it would HAVE TO BE true.
There was a reason I had a tide by the Advanced Targeting Armor's percentage. It's base +10%, enhanced about 42% by combat armor skill points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnturning View Post
+5% Critical Chance
+{X} Physical Damage Resistance Rating (scaled by Mk # and Rarity)
+{X} Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating (scaled by Mk # and Rarity)
+{X} All Energy Damage Resistance Rating (scaled by Mk # and Rarity)
+2.5% Critical Chance
+20% Critical Severity
When receiving All Damage, 10% chance of applying Target Analysis
  • +5% Critical Chance for 6 sec
Your armor would be affected by combat armor skill points as well. +5% Critical chance would turn into +7.4%ish critical chance. The extra +2.5% would become 3.6%ish. The proc would also be affected, pushing it up to 7.4%ish critical chance. Even for your sake of "only one stack on the proc", which is something Cryptic has never done with armor, you'd still be at 18.4% critical chance and +20% Critical severity. If the proc stacked three times, which is how Cryptic has made such procs in the past, that would be 33.2% critical chance, 19.4% more over Advanced Targeting armor. Now do you see how the armor will be overpowered?