View Single Post
Career Officer
# 8
10-20-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saekiith View Post
First of all it was DS9 that made the Cardassian a Shadow with their involvement with and subsequent Betrayal of the Dominion and the Dominions... harsh reaction to that fact.
We know very little about what happened with the Cardassians until the STO lore came around. We know they were beaten by the Dominion, but what else?

Quote:
Then again, logistically it would be a complete Nightmare for the New Romulan Republic and the Cardassian Detapa Council to work together with a thing as big as the Federation between them and the Romulan Star Empire Remnant and the Klingons at the NRRs throat and the True Way kicking the Cardassians.
I never once mentioned the Detapa Council. I'm talking more splinter groups of Cardassians. Maybe ones that want the use of a military, but don't support the actions of the True Way?

Quote:
Even with Odo up with the rest of the Founders... he's but one person, sure he might have change some views but the general overview would remain largely the same meaning that everything under Dominion Control WILL stay under Dominion Control but probably given some more room for trade and a bit of self-governing but would still need to adhere to general Dominion Policies meaning they would not be able to just go "Sorry Founders, we have different Plans, see ya!"... at least not without the complimentary orbital bombardment by your friendly neighbourhood Jem'Hadar Attack Wing...
Granted, though it was just an idea. Besides, if it's just a case of lore standing in the way, I'd direct you to all the things we've already got in-game that lore wouldn't agree with. We've already got a Jem Hadar Officer (per character), that's a lot of rebellious Jem Hadar. That, and the Dominion ships. Surely the Founders aren't happy with the Federation, Klingon and Republic using their ships and technology?

Quote:
And last... what would be the justification for this besides Gameplay? What is the Story behind it? Why would they choose to ally with one another with the Federation in between?
Mutual benefit? Each side would be gaining a strong ally out of their alliance. They'd both want a more peaceful representation of their respective factions, and we know that both factions can and have worked together in the past.

Quote:
And do you think that the Klingons would take it lightly that the New Romulan Republic (and not just some lone Captains) allies themselves with the Cardassians?
The Klingons have enough on their plate at the moment. I don't think they'd worry about a new alliance until said alliance became a threat (and a threat it wouldn't become).