View Single Post
Captain
# 28
10-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnturning View Post
Oh, so NOW you come clean about what you meant.
Any Ground player worth their salt is going to have enough points in combat armor to boost the stat up to 14%. There is no "coming clean" about that statement.

Quote:
So Advanced Targeting Armor is +10% Critical Chance (base armor, no skills) ... and is NOT destructive to game balance, because it's already in the game.

My construction for Romulan Intrusion Armor adds +7.5% Critical Chance (base armor, no skills, no proc(s)) ... which can go as high as +10% Critical Chance if wearing the Full Set (thanks to the Set 3 bonus) ... and IS destructive to game balance because it offers that buff "full time" ... just like Advanced Targeting Armor.

But then(!) ... it also comes with a proc to add an additional +5% Critical Chance on top of that ... what's the word I'm looking for here ... oh yes ... PARITY ... and you get all bent out of shape over it, ranting and raving that this would permanently destroy Ground PvP game balance for all eternity!
There is far too many +stat bonuses provided by your theoretical set. I've been attempting to have a civil conversation with you in this thread, yet you have demonstrated that you have no desire to even attempt to do so. I've taken time to sit down and present a sound argument as to why the set would be imbalanced. You've merely responded to my arguments with a condescending and heavily sarcastic tone. I didn't just start writing what I wrote without thinking. I took the time to analyze everything that you presented as a core set and I noticed an imbalance.

Quote:
Yeah ... no ... I'm not buying what you're selling. Thank you for playing.

I see a min/max PvPer whining a lot. I see champagne glasses filling with QQ because it becomes theoretically possible for fleetingly brief TRANSITORY moments to stack Critical Chance very high with the formulation I've put forwards.

However, I see NO APPRECIATION on your part that such theoretical maximums are anything BUT frequent, let alone that the baseline performance level of what I've designed, absent situational factors, is very much in line with the already established game balance performance levels and norms. Therefore I see no compelling reason to continue lending your complaints the credence they might otherwise have deserved.

Thank you for playing. Good day, sir.
Yeah...you may not take me seriously, but with your actions in this thread and with the arguments I present, no dev wandering by the thread will take you seriously either. I highly doubt we will ever see a reputation set with +12.5 critical chance and +20% Critical severity on just one piece of armor. The Omega force set is designed to be the damage dealing set, yet we don't see more than +7.5 Critical chance when the full set is slotted. Advanced Targeting armor is designed to sacrifice about 40 damage resistance rating for an extra +10 Critical chance, which is why it is balanced.