View Single Post
Republic Veteran
# 41
10-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnturning View Post
<snerk>

More "creative imagineering" that doesn't withstand scrutiny when it comes time to Show Your Work.

In this case, although that is True it is not Relevant since the Set would be offered through the Romulan Reputation System, which is available to ALL Captains in All Factions, regardless of Race. So, unfortunately, the Fact that Romulans ... (*cough*) ... "can't get Lucky" ... (*cough*) ... is "interesting" but ultimately unimportant.
I was not accusing MajorTiraOmega of anything. I am sure it was a simple oversight.

"When you look for the bad, expecting it, you will get it. When you know you will find the good, you will get that." ― Eleanor H. Porter, Pollyanna

Quote:
Then what would be? One of my first thoughts was to make the Ambush Cloak on the Personal Shield proc when Critically Hit by incoming damage, rather than making it proc on Critical Hits on outgoing damage. Would that be any better though?
I personally dislike chance procs, and would prefer a balanced activated ability that rewards skill over luck.

Quote:
The Ambush Cloak level of Stealth is really only "meaningful" when attacking from Range, and even then it's a brief and transitory thing. But when you've got an entire "almost a" Faction that is renowned for two things ... Cloaking technology and Plasma weaponry ... failing to include those things in a Set designed for that Faction would just be Game Design malpractice ... wouldn't you agree?
Here you ask if I agree, and next you seem to say you don't care if we agree or not. But I do agree in principle, maybe not the wording of malpractice though, lol.

Quote:
As mentioned earlier to someone else, I'd be honestly surprised if "everyone" liked the idea.