View Single Post
Career Officer
# 25
10-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
even after such a long time I wouldn't expect that many bajoran-cardassian hybrids to warrant them spending time making them. i'm sure you could make them in alien anyway.
I'd think there a lot more than we'd know about. Remember Garak and Kira went to an orphanage on Bajor that one time? I'm sure there were a fair few there, and if that was one such orphanage, there would be many others. That's only the hybrids on Bajor too.

Quote:
if you want dominion names the breen at least allied with dominion. maybe they would be allied with the true way.
Forgetting about the Breen for the moment; as far as I'm concerned, they parted ways with the Dominion and went back to their own space. The Dominion aren't allied with the True Way; it's rouge Jem Hadar (and likely Vorta) that are.

Quote:
did the son'a not rejoin the ba'ku??? I've never read much about them tbh. they are mentioned maybe once in ds9 and of course they are in insurrection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
The Son'a are a bit tricky because we don't know how many there really are. We saw several in Insurrection, and some of those either died or decided to go back to live with the Ba'ku. Maybe there are more out there?
From my understanding of the Son'a, they were the Baku, at least, they were a group of Baku. Some of them didn't like living without technology so were eventually banished. They became the Son'a (likely using old Baku tech for their ships and such). They then went on the pillage worlds for slave labor etc (Tarlac & Ellora).

As with both of you, I'm not sure just how many Son'a there are. It's hard to believe their fleet consisted of only three ships (though I believe one didn't survive Insurrection; so now they're a fleet of two?)

It's more likely there are other Son'a out there, maybe the Son'a are descendants of the Baku and those settled on that planet are refugees of sorts. They had to come from somewhere themselves, maybe it was a Son'a Empire of sorts? None of this was properly fleshed out with Insurrection, so it's anyone's guess really.