View Single Post
Captain
# 18
10-23-2013, 09:48 AM
I don't believe it's working as intended. Devs only ensured that abilities cannot be activated all at once simultaneously by the click of one button. Which is why keybinders are stereotyped keyboard smashers.

There is a real bug that makes the UI seriously lag and unresponsive to commands (either clicks or keybinds). But the problem is more noticeable when you're a clicker, which is strange in itself as clicking doesn't seem so overly complicated compared to heavy keybinding. You activate less abilities per second as a clicker, therefore there shouldn't be so many interferences with the activation timers. I really think there is something seriously wrong with the UI, some weird bug that causes lag or simply makes the UI unresponsive.

I have a suspicion it's because of the animations (activation, cool down timers etc..) on the abilities, they interfere with a lot. My hypothesis (take it with a grain of salt) is that the code calls for the animation before the ability is activated. And if there is a problem with the animation, which is probably resource heavy, well activation surely won't go so smoothly.

STO is the best game ever and the players love it.

Last edited by deokkent; 10-23-2013 at 09:56 AM.