View Single Post
Career Officer
# 38
10-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
it's down to a matter of perspective and in your faction your the good guys and any one else is your bad guys.
To an extend, yeah. It stands to reason that the Federation are the good guys, and Section 31, whilst questionable, has the security and interests of the Federation at heart; they just bend the rules somewhat.

If we then look at the Klingon Empire; they're not bad, or evil. They're doing what they've always done, and that is fight. Klingons love to fight (and drink). It's in their very nature. They don't trust too easily either, and are extremely suspicious. That and they appear to sometimes be naive. Still, they're not an evil faction.

The same goes for D'Tan; he's just trying to rebuild and set up a foundation for his people.

Organisations like the Tal Shiar, True Way and old Dominion are evil though, evil in the sense that they'd control the entire quadrant/galaxy if they could. They're after power, and will go to any means to get it. The Klingons have honour, and rarely fight because they want power over a species/sector etc. The Klingons aren't out for galactic conquest, thus not evil. The Tal Shiar, True Way and Iconian are. That's what makes them evil.

Even Season 8's Voth; they're the bad guys from the current perspective of the playerbase, but they're not actually evil. They're just holding their ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireseeed View Post
Only way I could see it happening would be if it was a elite unit set up under Garek, possible the only person with enough clout and trusted by Alpha/Beta quadrant powers to run such a fraction.
1/4?

Honestly, I don't think Garak would have any desire to start up a sub-faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Maybe after the Dominion War they started making clones of Cardassians and Bajorans?
A little bit too farfetched for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Though I would still like the Cardassians as a seperate faction from the Dominion. Probably have the So'na seperate as well. Since I think the Dominion pretty much retreated from the Alpha Quadrant at the end of the Dominion War (that and admittedly I am not a fan of the So'na).
I doubt the Son'a would ever become their own faction. I only mentioned them as allies of the Cardassian cause I wouldn't want a Cardassian faction to be just Cardassian. We need a little more variety. Even the current Republic lacks that.