View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 9
10-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankminister View Post
So I'm encountering a crash when attempting to play back demos from certain Mission Systems, for instance, Traelus System from the Satellite Repair (Neu_Patrol_System_03) and the VZA-4001 System from that Breen Mission (Bre_Vza-4001_System). The error is:

"Fatal Error: Failed to load data for map: either the data does not exist on disk (failed to path) or the crc or version number of the data on disk does not match what the code is expecting.

Technical Details: map
"Maps/Solar_System/Bre/Bre-Vza-4001_System/Bre_Vza-4001_System.Zone"

Another user had a similar problem here (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=122)

I'm willing to go in and edit the demo file itself, I'm just not sure what CRC/version I'd need to even change. Any help would be appreciated, this seems to affect a lot of systems.
That is a known problem with demorecord and demo playback in Star Trek Online. Some maps simply cannot be recorded and played back anymore without the client crashing. For almost two years now, I and other community members have pointed out the problem to Cryptic, but because demorecord is just an unofficial feature of the client, Cryptic does not mobilize the resources to fix the issue.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do in the StoDSemoLauncher to fix the issue.

Regards,
Rachel