View Single Post
Captain
# 92
11-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
This ship is larger than the whale probe from Star Trek IV, bigger than V'ger even.

The fortress ship comes in at over 7 times longer than a Super Star Destroyer, and has a length that is about 10% longer than the diameter of the Deathstar Mk.1.

The fortress ship is between 7 and 8 times longer than the Titans in Eve.
Nah, the Death Star 1 officially is now 160km wide.

But thinking about it, it doesn't matter. A Voth ship could phase through a superlaser hit. And then you just ram the Death Star for Massive Damage .

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanvorius View Post
I think it is telling that the image of the ships facing the Voth are the new Romulan faction's Schimitar, the new fed Battle Cruiser, and two kdf ships provided at launch nearly 4 years ago.
What is the Prometheus there? Chopped Liver?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raventomoe View Post
No...it run's on SPIRAL POWER SO MAN UP AND BECOME THE STARSHIP THAT WARPS TO THE HEAVENS! THAT'S HOW TEAM FEDKLINGROM ROLLS BABY!
^WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE???!?!?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosakara View Post
Hey Brandflakes,

Now that we have a giant ship like the Voth Fortress, it is possible that in the future that V'Ger could somehow return, at that size and scale? In a future season or featured Episode?
It would have to be a time travel mission....but I doubt it. After all V'Dec'lia ascended to another level of consciousness and reality as a new life form.

Now if the aliens responsible for V'Gers upgrade wanna show up. I think we'd lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
I will be sad if I cannot by a City Ship from the C-store for 10,000 Zen.

(250 forward weapons, 175 aft. Cannot equip cannons. 300 device slots, 92 engineering slots, 1 science slot, 174 tactical slots. BOFF seating: 35 Commander Universal stations. Comes with [console -- WAH WHAAAAA] every time you destroy another player all they here is WAH-WAAAAAAA.)
If ship size is determinant of cost. A scarcely kilometer long Odyssey is 5,000 zen. So a 134 kilometer ship should be something like....67,000 zen.

And looking at that, can you imagine how long it will take to outfit it with mkXII weapons?

And how would this be for hilarious, all of that equipment.....and one Voth Warp Core
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitaker View Post
Based on the size of Halo's U.N.S.C. Infinity, which is 5.7 km long and has 17000 crew, the 135 km city ship could house about 400000 people. That seems off to me, seeing as a 3km Borg cube could house up to 130000 crew, though I doubt the Voth would force their citizens into dwelling in alcoves. Say a Borg cube of 3km sustained 80000 crew, doing the math, a city ship could, by those standards, support a compliment of roughly 3.6 million. Dayum. Das big. But if it's as big as that diagram shows, the hell with the Borg. To whoever made that post about why the Voth aren't the lead power in the delta quadrant...in all seriousness, the Feds need to take one of these, and convert it into a blockade runner. Install primary, secondary, and tertiary redundant shielding to the fore of the ship, reroute all non-essential power to forward shields, install ablative armoring, and back that with forcefield shrouded reinforced hull armor. Instant anti-Borg transwarp battering ram. With that, you could literally PLOW through a TACTICAL FUSION CUBE. I can only say, that after this, we can only logically blame all of our galaxy's assimilation issues on the assumed-duty-shirking Voth.
A friend of mine once pointed out Yoda's lack of expedience in Attack of the Clones as "Malingering". I believe the Trope is called Achilles in his Tent.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"