View Single Post
Career Officer
# 21
11-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Voth AI is a lot better (less dumb) than most of our other critters. I would love to take a hard look at all of our general AI and make it smarter just on principle, but the danger there is that better AI isn't necessarily more fun - so we'd have to make sure that AI changes are actually making the game better, not just "more realistic" or "harder" or whatnot.

One thing I'm almost definitely going to try to do is make critters use powers a little more often. Right now they have anywhere from a 2 to a 3 second cycle time between a power finishing activation and another power getting queued. A lot of that dead time is to make them feel more organic/less robotic, which it does actually succeed at - but it also makes especially ground critters feel super dumb, which is less than optimal.
I would like to thank you and the team at Cryptic about some of the bug fixes. It is especially nice to see a Dev in the forums responding to concerns of players. When I see this I am more willing to invest more time and money into a game. Thanks again for the work.