View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 27
11-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Next up: Medical Vanguard procs on Fleet Shields (and any other passive power) getting fixed.
Wow.. so many ground fixes. My eyes have never beholden so many in such short order.

If you really want people that don't do ground pvp to give it a try though..the issue of shared skill points/traits between ground and space needs to be addressed. It is the #1 thing I see people use as an excuse not to try it. "My character is specced for the space, so I'll be at a disadvantage." Which is true.

On the topic of capping dodge.. my thought is that with 1000-3000 damage hits happening daily in ground pvp, any change to the dodge mechanic.. might not end well.

I have been out of the loop for a few months regarding ground pvp due to all the issues it has, but as far as I know these are things that could all still use addressing...

1) Broken Hold Resistance, as seen in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baWmNqd2UJs
As you can see, you can be hit by a phaser stun proc over and over... not fun at all.

2) Tray lock caused by being on the receiving end of the omega carbine, or cryo immobilizer module. I recall this being particularly nasty. Likely caused by the immobilize proc.

3) Tactical doffs that turn Ambush into a damage over time attack have a stacking issue with the plasma fire from plasma grenades. If you sit in the plasma fire for any length of time, the ambush dot will stack on you over and over again. This is pretty much a death sentence.

4) Distortion Field 2-piece Omega Set bonus power has an unintended effect if your character has the Covert trait. If your target is around 25m or further from you, and you have distortion field up while firing a sniper shot, or throwing a plasma grenade.. the grenade impact circle will not show up, nor will the sniper's secondary fire "laser pointer". It is trivially easy to do a one-two punch using this tactic to down a target from range. Combine this with the Ambush Dot doff issue.. and you can see why it's a problem.

5) The Adapted MACO Pulsewave Rifle's photon grenade doesn't show an impact circle. Similar to the distortion field issue. Both of these issues suck if a person wants to use these weapons/sets. I removed the Covert trait from my alien tactical officer a long time ago due the distortion field bug, but their is no getting around this one. Only to not use the gun really.

That is all I could think of for now. Thank you for your time and have a good day.
Selun'x Alien Sci - Zarza Reman Tac