View Single Post
Captain
# 102
11-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorngonzolla View Post
Hi all,

I thought I would pop in and make you aware of some improvements we'll be making to the Spire's Tactical consoles due to player feedback. Here are the patch notes that will hit Tribble sometime in the near future:

Tactical Consoles

-Improved the damage type (Disruptor, Phaser, Chroniton, etc.) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 25.5% to 31.9%.
-Improved the weapon type (Torpedo, Beam, Cannon and Mines) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 22.3% to 27.9%.

These changes were made to make these consoles closer in potency to those found in the Embassy and Dilithium Mine.

Regards,
Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski

So many feels.

On one hand it's nice to know I don't have to save up a quarter billion to satisfy my OCD whenever I want to try a new build from now on.

But on the other hand, the crafters do have my sympathy. It is a hard job and an expensive investment to craft consoles. But at least your market will still exist, your pricing will just be more proportionately in line with similar items. And then there's the whole economy thing. Particle traces, artifacts, and doffs as well are all going to take a hit from this.

I have two questions now.

This means that there is very little if any at all practical reason to craft at present. Does this mean that you are planning and ready to revamp the crafting system in the proximate future, cryptic?

Also, now that every fleet holding offers tech in every aspect of ship building superior to non fleet stuff, what perks are you going to invent for the next fleet holding? Will there even be anymore fleet holdings, and if so, what will justify their existence now that between these three, it's perfectly possible to buil an all fleet cheese ship that is vastly superior over anything a fleetless player could build?

So this is it. Now if you want to stay relevant, you have to be in a fleet. Otherwise you'll be subject to those who are. This could be the first step towards a mass exodus of players. Rember where you were today.